RHA SCHOOL & STUDIOS ADMINISTRATOR
The mission of the Royal Hibernian Academy (RHA Gallery) is to foster the vital relationship between artists and the public in the enjoyment of visual art and in the support of those who make it. The RHA is based at 15 Ely Place, Dublin 2.
The RHA is seeking an individual to administrate the RHA School’s activity. The successful candidate will support the Head of School in the pursuance of their duties and assist in the delivery of the RHA School programme – courses, masterclasses, professional development seminars and the RHA Studio Programme.
The individual should be well organised and have the capability of working with a wide range of stakeholders.
The RHA School & Studios Administrator will work as part of a core team that produces the Academy’s many programmes under the guidance of the Head of School, Director of the Academy and the targets set by the Council of the RHA.
This is a part-time position and will be offered initially as a three-year contract at an annual salary of €20,000.
- Assist the Head of School with programming of all activities of the RHA School
- Co-ordinate social media content for courses, workshops, masterclasses and studios
- Administer applications to RHA School courses, workshops, masterclasses and studio residencies
- Liaise with TU Dublin and administer the accreditation of 60 credit modules
- Organise and facilitate all course assessments
- RHA Studio Programme administration for the on-site RHA studios, Wilton Park Studios, Tony O’Malley Residency and Clare Island Residency
- Manage the RHA School budget and course payments
- Schedule models, students and tutors each term
- Update and circulate the RHA School Student Handbook, student information, course content, studio guidelines and procedures
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Renew Learner Protection Insurance each term
- Undertake any other duties in line with the responsibilities of the post as requested by the Head of School
Note: This job description is a guide to broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. The job description may be subject to review in the view of new structures and / or the changing needs of the Gallery.
The successful candidate will have:
- A third level qualification in arts / university administration or similar discipline
- Relevant work experience
- An ability to work independently and on own initiative whilst being part of a wider team
- Strong administrative skills coupled with an ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with good decision-making capability
- A proven ability to deliver a professional service in response to queries
- Good interpersonal skills together with an ability to maintain positive relationships
- Proficiency in IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A positive and professional manner when working with the Head of School, staff and students
Terms & Conditions:
- This position will be based in the RHA offices, 15 Ely Place, Dublin 2
- The post holder will be expected to work a 21-hour week and will be willing to undertake evening and weekend work as necessitated
- Office hours 10am to 5pm, one hour lunch break
How to Apply:
Please send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the title ‘RHA School & Studios Administrator’ in the subject line.
Application deadline is 5pm, 8th November 2021.
Interviews will take place the week of 22nd November.
Start date January 2022.