The Avolon Global Studio Residency offers a once in a lifetime opportunity for an international artist to raise his/her profile on a global platform and develop their practice within the environs of one of Irelands leading contemporary art organisations. The award offers the recipient return flights, relocation assistance, an apartment in Dublin for 3 months, a monthly stipend and a studio at the prestigious RHA Gallery from 4 October 2018 – 7 January 2019 and 9 January – 1 April 2019.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2018
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application. Specific exceptions may be made for nationals of countries where the age of majority is lower than 21. There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates must have basic knowledge of English to enable them to communicate effectively in everyday situations in Dublin.
- Candidates should ensure they can obtain a visa from the Republic of Ireland.
- Applications must be made in person. Galleries, curators and organizations are not eligible and third parties cannot apply on behalf of an artist. The Avolon Global Studio will not consider any requests from third parties concerning the application process.
- Only online applications made using the application forms on the RHA’s website will be considered. No exceptions will be made. The application forms must be completed in English.
- The selection committee needs four to eight weeks to review the artist applications. The decision made by the Avolon Global Studio selection panel regarding each application is final. No feedback will be provided in the case of a negative response to a candidate’s application.
- Artists who are invited in the Avolon Global Studio Residency must meet and agree to comply with the conditions stated in the “Agreement” document facilitated after selection of the award.
- Accept the travel conditions laid down by Avolon Global Studio for the flight tickets paid (travel arrangements made).
- Have the necessary revenue for six months day-to-day living in Dublin for all costs other than the accommodation and monthly stipend covered by Avolon Global Studio.
- Be insured against civil liability and have personal health and accident insurance for the entire residency period. In case of illness or injury, medical expenses will not be covered by Avolon Global Studio.
- Be ready to open their studio to public visits on a regular basis during their stay at the Avolon Global Studio at times agreed with RHA staff. Although artists will be free to manage their stay according to their own plans, they will be expected to occupy the studio awarded and to make use of the studio on a regular basis. They are requested to inform RHA staff in advance of any prolonged absence.
- Artists will also be free to practice their art outside the Avolon Global Studio and to pursue parallel artistic activities in their own interest, for the entire duration of their stay.
- The artist in residence must be willing to keep the RHA staff updated on the development of their artistic project, to communicate about their work and to show it upon request.
- Be aware that only the artist is considered to be the resident. If visited by a spouse or partner or any other person, note that the related costs will not be covered by Avolon Global Studio and that the RHA will not be responsible for obtaining the necessary visas or other documents for these visitors. If a resident artist wishes to accommodate a visitor temporarily, the RHA should be informed beforehand.
- Be aware that the residency stay agreed on the beginning of the residency cannot be extended. Should an artist interrupt her / his stay before the foreseen term, the stay will be considered as finished. This will also apply in case of illness.
- Be aware that Avolon Global Studio retains the possibility of terminating any stay at any time without having to explain its decision.
Headquartered in Ireland, with offices in the United States, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and China, Avolon provides aircraft leasing and lease management services to airlines and aircraft investors worldwide. Formed in 2010, Avolon is led by an experienced team who have scaled the business to become one of the top five leasing firms in the world in just six years.
Avolon’s growth and global platform is underpinned by a clear set of corporate values and a strong commitment to corporate and social responsibility (CSR). Avolon recently expanded its CSR programmes to develop its ‘CARE’ Initiative; an employee led and founded programme aimed at supporting philanthropic projects in the communities where the business operates. The initiative aims to promote innovation, education and change under four pillars: Community; CARE Days; Resources; and, Education & Entrepreneurship. In October 2015, Avolon launched two new programmes under the CARE Initiative with the RHA: the Avolon Youthreach Programme; and, the Avolon Global Studio.
Additional information on Avolon and the CARE Initiative and Avolon are available at www.avolon.aero