The RHA School, in partnership with Fingal Arts, are offering an opportunity of a funded studio space for a professional artist for the period of one year; the residency will commence in November 2019. The award offers an artist the opportunity to develop their practice within the institutional framework of the RHA and covers the cost of studio rental and administration. The award is open to practising artists at all stages in their professional careers working in visual art.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must: have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area.
Artists wishing to be considered should apply by completing the application form below and include:
1. A current CV. PDF document only. Maximum file size 500k.
2. A brief description of your art practice. Max. 300 words. PDF document only.
3. A covering letter detailing your intentions for the allocated period at the Fingal County Council Studio Award, including an artist statement and work plan, giving details of what materials and processes you use and any other requirements you have.
4. Up to six images of your work, no larger than 1mb each in size. JPG files only.
5. A list of images submitted clearly marked with the title of the piece, the medium and the dimensions. For video artists, please include on this list the web addresses (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) to access your work.
The deadline for applications is 30 August 2019. Please note that applications are only available online here.
Any questions or requests for further information can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 – Naomi Sex
2017 – Michelle Hall
2016 – Aoibheann Greenan