The RHA School in partnership with Fingal Arts are offering an opportunity of a funded studio space for a professional artist for the period of one year, the residency will commence at the end of November 2017. The award offers an artist the opportunity to develop their practice within the institutional framework of the RHA and covers the cost of studio rental and administration. The award is open to practicing artists at all stages in their professional careers working in visual art. To be eligible to apply, applicants must: have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area. The selection panel is Colin Martin, RHA School Principal, Val Connor, Lecturer and Curator and Sarah O’Neill, Deputy Arts Officer, Fingal Arts.
Artists wishing to be considered should apply by completing the application form below including:
- A current CV. PDF document only. Maximum file size 500k.
- A brief description of your art practice. Max. 300 words. PDF document only.
- A covering letter detailing your intentions for the allocated period at the Fingal County Council Studio Award, including an artist statement and work plan, giving details of what materials and processes you use and any other requirements you have.
- Up to six images of your work, no larger than 1mb each in size. JPG files only.
- A list of images submitted clearly marked with the title of the piece, the medium and the dimensions. For video artists, please include on this list the web addresses (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) to access your work.
The deadline for applications is 15 September, 2017. Please note that application is only available online.
Any questions or requests for further information can be forwarded to the Academy Co-ordinator, Kate McBride, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01 6612558.