Thank you to all who took part in this Stop Motion Animation Workshop. Here are the fantastic results!
Join artist and recently appointed RHA Member, Aideen Barry ARHA, for this family animation workshop from her own confinement!
Family workshop live via Zoom. Book your ticket here via Eventbrite. Event FREE of charge.
Would you like to make a short stop motion animation at home with your family? Would you like to see how artists are making work when in lockdown with their families? Then join artist Aideen Barry ARHA, for this animation workshop.
If you would like to participate yourself the artist recommends the following tools:
- A digital camera or smartphone
- If you have access to an Apple Computer you can download a cheap piece of software called Stop Motion Studio (see image below) This is what the artist will be using, there are a few PC and Windows options but these may be more expensive. If you are not able to download this software to your computer, there are many free animation apps available to download to your smartphone. We will email a list of recommendations to those who book for the workshop
- If you have access to a tripod or a selfie stick that you can attach your camera to then all the better
- Some props! Which can be anything at all you have to hand – an ironing board, toys, a chair, a cardboard box… we will make magic happen with all these!
- A patient adult who will help you out and supervise during the workshop
In this workshop the artist, with the help of some of her family, will undertake a few stop motion optical illusions to show you how she made some of her own films and stop-motions.
For further information, please email Roisin, Learning and Public Engagement Curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org