Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magni cent example of this neo-classical style. During the middle of the 20th century, it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley-Harrison in the 1960s. The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were rst laid out in the 18th century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with many very fine trees and shrubs. The house and gardens were taken into State ownership in 1994.
A coach will bring the RHA Friends to and from Emo Court House if they are traveling from Dublin.
We will have a guided tour of the house and the gardens, and lunch at CaToCa tea rooms.
There is a fee of €50 per person for this Friends outing, to cover the price of the coach, lunch and tours.
Contact Friends Co-ordinator, Róisín Bohan by email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01 661 2558 to book or for more information. Places are limited so early booking is advised.