Members of the Royal Hibernian Academy (RHA)
Abigail O’BRIEN, President
Una SEALY, Secretary
Eithne JORDAN, Keeper
Robin BUICK, Treasurer
Colin MARTIN, School Principal
Imogen STUART, Prof. of Sculpture
Pat HARRIS, Prof. of Painting
Blaise SMITH, School Vice Principal
Carey CLARKE PPRHA
Remco DE FOUW
David HONE PPRHA
Des McMAHON, PPRHA
Mick O’DEA PPRHA
Thomas RYAN, PPRHA
Associate Members of the Royal Hibernian Academy (ARHA)
Honorary Council of the Royal Hibernian Academy (HRHA)
Dr. Peter HARBISON, (Prof. of Archaeology)
Dervilla DONNELLY, (Prof. of Chemistry)
Prof. John TURPIN, (Prof. of History of Art)
Michael LONGLEY, (Prof. of Literature)
Prof Clive LEE (Prof. of Anatomy)
Joyce W. Cairns PRSA
Sir Nicholas GRIMSHAW CBE PPRA
Hon. Desmond GUINNESS
Philip KING, PPRA
Christopher LE BRUN PRA
Dr. Ian McKENZIE SMITH, OBE, PRSA
Patrick J. MURPHY
Patrick T. MURPHY
Dr Eimear O’CONNOR
Dr. Alistair ROWAN
Dr. Edward WALSH
PRA – President Royal Academy
PPRA – Past President Royal Academy
PRSA – President Royal Scottish Academy
PPRSA – Past President Royal Scottish Academy
HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF THE RHA?
There are three categories of the RHA Membership:
- Associate Member (Maximum of 10)
- Full RHA Member (Maximum of 30 and 15 Senior Members)
- Honorary Member
Artists are elected an Associate Member before becoming a Full Member of the RHA. Members are elected in each category as outlined below.
A) ASSOCIATE MEMBER
Election Procedure for New Associate Members:
- Every year, before the AGM in October, each full RHA Member can nominate two candidates for the Candidates List.
- These two candidates will stay on the list until the following AGM, whereupon each Member can either replace one or both nominees, with new candidates, or renew their previous year’s nominations.
- Therefore, there will be a maximum of 90 names on the list at any one time.
- When a vacancy arises, each member can vote for one candidate from the list at the Assembly meeting or by postal vote. The two candidates with the most votes will go through to the Second Round. This second vote will take place at the same Assembly meeting and each Member will vote for either of the top two candidates that received the highest number of votes.
- The person with the most votes will duly be elected to be an Associate Member, of which there can be a maximum of 10.
B) FULL MEMBER
Election Procedure for Full Member:
- Associate Members are elected to become Full Members in chronological order as and when a Full Member space becomes available.
C) HONORARY MEMBER
- RHA Honorary Members represent fields such as visual art, literature, theatre, filmmaking, science, business and academia.
- Nominations for Honorary Members are presented by the Council and are ratified by the Assembly at the AGM in October.